We've Got Answers
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Harvard and Fitchburg studios open?
As of 7/8/2020 the Harvard studio is open for group classes and privates.
Due to the pandemic, the Fitchburg location has been closed permanently.
Contact the office 978-772-2394 to schedule a private.
What are the new COVID Policies & Procedures?
· Mask must worn, NO EXCEPTIONS
· Arrive approx. 15 mins before class & be prepared to wait at a safe distance to enter the studio
· Pre-register is required due to limited space
· Bring your own water
· Sanitize your hands
· Each station will have a bucket for your belongings
· This is where you will take off your shoes, change into socks and wait for class to begin
· SOCKS must be worn, no exceptions.
· Upon completion of class or private
· Change back into your shoes
· Clean ALL equipment that was used – checklists are located at the front of the studio
· Cleaning supplies will be at each station
· Wipe down everything allowing the surfaces to remain wet
· Wipe down the bucket that your belongings were in
Is Bodylines taking any other measures?
· NEW HVAC System installed which will increase the fresh air intake throughout.
· Additional HEPA Air filtration unit with UV light will be located in the reformer studio.
· When possible, front and back doors will be open for an increase in air flow.
Reformers & Towers have new vinyl straps that are easier to clean.
· The use of community coffee station, refrigerator and water dispenser will not be available for use until stated otherwise.
· Please refrain from gathering and socializing in community area, many chairs have been moved to discourage group socializing.
· Retail items- we have posted a sign stating that clients must ask staff for assistance. This is an effort to minimize touch points in the studio.
Use of Props:
· Initially we will be a “prop less” studio. Therefore, if you are signed up for a ring/ball class you will be required to bring your own or purchase one.
· We will have props for sale.
· Stickies for the reformers will no longer be available. (These are really quite difficult to clean)You may purchase one for $5 or wear grip socks.
· Sponges will be provided but MUST stay in the ziploc bag and cleaned after use. New sponges are also for sale for $5.
· Our schedule will allow for ease of traffic flow and minimize how many clients are in the studio at one given time.
The Harvard location is Open. Fitchburg location is closed due to COVID-19.
Virtual Studio FAQs
How long will Bodylines be offering virtual classes?
As long as clients want virtual we will keep it going. We plan on offering virtual classes for quite some time, perhaps indefinitely!
What if I can’t make any of the class times?Recordings are available for 24 hours. If you are on a virtual membership then you have access to an extensive library of ALL virtual recordings for as long as you maintain your virtual membership.
What if another family member wants to take class with me?On a virtual membership, have everyone in your house work out with you! They don’t need to be on a membership also. We would LOVE to see you spouse & children working out right next to you.
Am I going to get enough out of it?Clients are telling us that they are getting great workouts, a feeling of connection to the Bodylines community AND are more willing to try different classes because they can always rest when they need to and modify easily.
Do I need equipment?No equipment necessary for the Pilates Mat Classes. If you live in the area, we offer complimentary therabands (for pick up) if you want to take a Pilates theraband class. In Total Body Training (TBT) Classes- some weights may be used but bodyweight/theraband options are provided.
What is Pilates?
Pilates is an innovative system of mind-body exercise evolved from the principles of Joseph Pilates. Pilates dramatically transforms the way your body looks, feels and performs. It builds strength without excess bulk, creating a sleek, toned body with slender thighs and a flat abdomen. It teaches body awareness, good posture and easy, graceful movement. Pilates improves flexibility, agility and economy of motion. It can even help alleviate back pain. Professional dancers have known the benefits of Pilates for decades. Top athletes use it for strength, flexibility, and injury prevention. Hollywood celebrities and supermodels use it to maintain beautiful physiques. Read more about our Mat Classes and our Equipment Classes.
Join us today: MEMBERSHIP–
What is Barre?
is an intense total body workout that focuses on developing long, lean muscles, while improving posture and flexibility. The workout is composed of mostly body weight bearing exercises, combining elements of Pilates & Ballet, that push your muscles to fatigue. Each exercise is followed by stretching to develop a long, lean, dancer like physique. If you’re looking for a workout that burns fat, lifts your seat, & tones your thighs, abs and arms then Barre is for you!
What is TRX?
with the precision and core control pilates emphasizes. The TRX is a suspension training system using your own body weight to build strength, power, flexibility, balance, and mobility. TRX combined with Bodylines Pilates expertise completes the workout making it safe and effective. Pilates principles are the foundation of every class: precision, control, breath, centering, concentration, and flow. Each workout gives you a full body workout while maintaining alignment with proper form using core engagement. Perfect for all fitness levels and particularly athletes.
How do I get started?We have a membership coordinator that is dedicated to assisting you find the right starting program or package that makes sense for your goals.
Call: 978.772.2394 to schedule an initial consultation for our programs
What should I wear?What you wear is based on personal preference. At Bodylines, we like to see how your body moves when we are teaching you. Therefore, wearing clothing that is somewhat form fitting will help us to see your alignment and adjust you so you have ideal form to maximize the workout.
What do I wear on my feet?For the pilates classes we have a sock policy. For Barre, TRX and other combination classes we request that you wear clean sneakers for class. Wet and dusty sneakers make the floor slippery and hazardous for you and others.
How long does it take to get results?Like any fitness program. The more frequently you participate, the quicker the results. Clients that participate in Bodylines programs 3+/wk will quickly notice some changes in a 1-2 months. Typically around 30 sessions is when clients see their body start to transform. Although, within 5 sessions they already have noticed improved posture, breathing, abdominal engagement & body awareness.
What is the difference between yoga and pilates?Although they are both, “mind-body” forms of movement. We find they differ in their movement and their approach to mindfulness. Yoga tends to focus on the lengthening of muscles and the mobility through holding poses and deepening into a movement. Pilates focus is on core strength while finding length and opposition. This creates a strong center in which to move from.
What is the difference between Bodylines and other health clubs or fitness programs?
At Bodylines we focus on the WHOLE body. Every class is designed to compliment the others — creating long & lean muscles, injury free.
I have a current injury, how should I begin at Bodylines?With any current or previous injury we encourage you to start with a private lesson. Finding the proper form and alignment can make ALL the difference.
I have a bad back, will this help with that?Pilates is notorious for healing back pain. The core strengthening will alleviate back pain. Many clients have experienced improvement or dissipation of pain in backs, hips, knees, and neck.
I just had surgery can I participate in your program?
Bodylines has a licensed Physical Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistant on staff that specializes in post-rehab recovery. and offer private lessons and rehab based classes. For more specific information, with your questions, concerns, and aspirations.